Essential Job Functions
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, components, electrical and fuel systems for trucks with various engines. For examples, Cummins, Detroit, Volvo, Maxxforce and Paccar.
- Completes technician comments in a timely manner for the assigned work and turns in the necessary paperwork.
- Works as part of a cohesive team within the shop to meet customer needs. This includes assisting, mentoring or sharing knowledge with other technicians in the shop as appropriate. Is respectful of teammates and customers and communicates with them in a professional manner.
- Maintains a clean work area and follows all safety practices of the organization when completing work assignments. Also helps to maintain company vehicles, inventory, and tools in proper working condition.
- Maintains knowledge on existing products and pursues additional technical and product knowledge by actively participating in the training programs of the dealership. This includes manufacturer training and on the job training.
- Maintains communication with the customer and answers questions relative to the work being performed. Makes recommendations for additional work that needs to be completed.
- Performs tune-ups, brake jobs, and other preventative maintenance on trucks and trailers.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties or projects as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Diesel Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment following technical manuals and diagnostic procedures.
- Basic knowledge of Heavy/Medium Trucks is preferred.
- Ability to get along with others and work as part of a team.
- Safety oriented attitude required.
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to operate diagnostic software.
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. frequently.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license required, clean driving record preferred.